Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hill-walking with Daniel


Renovating Danielle's room!


My shrine: all the cards my friends and family have sent me!


Sheep are as common as squirrels here - WHICH, by the way, are extremely rare, and an exciting sight for my Irish friends.


Tried to maintain this energy all the way up... very difficult, and soon my wellies felt like cement blocks on my feet, so we walked the rest of the way barefoot! (...squelching in freezing mud, but at least it was less exhausting!)


Happy to be hill-hiking


Sometimes the dye on the sheep makes them look like cotton candy, but this looks more like blood!!


Strutting his amazing technicolor dream coat...



Half-way up the mountain... (we saw a wobbly lamb in the valley from here!)



Top of Mt. Anaverna!  

...and gazing at what we found on the other side: the Irish sea!!


Peat!!





Lone ram


The magical forest


"Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,


Enwrought with golden and silver light,


                                                    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths


                                                        Of night and light and the half light,


I would spread the cloths under your feet:


But I, being poor, have only my dreams;


I have spread my dreams under your feet;


Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

W. B. Yeats 


I keep finding surprise carvings in trees!


"Friends understand ur seilence."

No comments:

Post a Comment